Ok finally my update! Where does the time go? Seems like it's always getting away from me. The pictures are from the last 3 months.
Tabasco having a good time today.
Shoshoni the instigator. She was super frisky today. 
Then we have Sweetie.
Then Tabasco again.


Sweetie (below)


Sundance has been keeping us busy lately too. He climbed through the electric fence yesterday morning (yes it was on and no he did not jump it). Today he decided to take a bath in the horse trough that I just cleaned and filled up last night. 
I bought some Clinton Anderson rope halters from his website since I can't seem to find any rope halters up here. They're really nice
Me and Shoni having a moment :)
Pebbles- she had her "disolveable" stitches in for a month or so longer than she should have. We had a different vet come out for a different reason and had him look at the stitches while he was here. He said they weren't disolvable and that we will have to cut/pull them out. We ended up putting salve for humans on them to moisten it up so we could start cutting/pulling them out and *walla* they fell out on there own. Apparently they were disolvable if you helped them along.
Lori and her husband take their horses and camp at Maplewood. They have a portable electric fence so the horses can graze when they're not riding then these posts to tie them up when it gets dark. Have I mentioned yet that I love Maplewood?
Sweetie (below)
Mom's friend from work, Lori, invited us out to go trail riding with her and her horses at Maplewood State Park in Dent, MN. It was a ton of fun and next year I plan to use my own horses. I was hoping to saddle train Tabasco and Shoni myself but I think I'm in over my head on that so I am going to do some research and find a good trainer. I'm hoping to send both of them for 60 days each and Sundance for 30 days. So if anyone knows of any trainers in Minnesota or the Fargo, ND area let me know!
Lori and Whimsey (above) Mom and Bee (below)
Me and Justice
Lori and her husband take their horses and camp at Maplewood. They have a portable electric fence so the horses can graze when they're not riding then these posts to tie them up when it gets dark. Have I mentioned yet that I love Maplewood?
It was a beautiful fall ride. I loved riding in the trees and crunchy leaves. :)

3 comments:
Nice pictures! Love the one of you with Shoni.
Really beautiful pics.
That trail ride looked gorgeous!! you live in a beautiful area. I don't blame you for getting professional training either. I'm tempted to do the same myself. I don't have time to ride all my project horses when I'd rather be out on the trail with my trail horse. Next year I'm going to have three that need constant riding. Ay yi yi!
Hey, if you ever need rope halters again, Andrea makes some GREAT ones. I got one of her black ones for Beautiful--and she shipped it here. Very reasonably priced, too. I have a lot of rope halters because they're all I use--but hers is my fave--I like the weight of rope she used.
Post a Comment