Monday, June 6, 2011

Dear Grandma



Dear Grandma,

It's never easy to say goodbye so I'll just say see you later.

I'll miss your homemade blueberry pies, a warm place to visit, listening to you and Grandpa acting like "an old married couple", receiving a letter in the mail, and getting to talk to you, most of all I'm going to miss you.

It's just not the same without you here and we're all feeling the void. I know Grandpa misses you the most, after all 62 years is a long time. We'll take good care of him while you're gone and I know we'll see you again someday. In the meantime, I hope you are having fun being reunited with the others who have gone on before and I hope you are kicking their butts in cards!

I love you Grandma!




"Our family chain is broken

And nothing will be the same,

But as God calls us one by one

The chain will link again."

6 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I appreciate the poem at the end of your post. It really does feel like your chain of loved ones is broken for a while when someone passes away. You kind of lose your strength.

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for your loss - she sounds like a wonderful grandma, and you have many lovely memories of her.

Dom said...

<3 this is a beautiful letter. My thoughts are with you and your family, especially your grandpa. *hugs*

Linda said...

That's a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. I'm sorry that she passed. Your poor grandpa. Stay close and stay strong.

Pony Girl said...

So sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma when I was in high school. I regret it so much because I was too young to really appreciate what an amazing person she was. I wish I could know her now as an adult.
Prayers to you and your family!

nikki said...

Thank you all for your kind words. We were really lucky to have her in our lives so long, both her and Grandpa turned 90 this year.

It was nice at her funeral one of their oldest friends got up and told a few stories about her and Grandpa and they were so funny! There were certain words and phrases that were definitely Grandma's lol. We all really miss her.

Pony Girl- I know how you feel, I had a great grandma like that and she passed when I was about 10 and I think it would have been fun to know her when I was older too.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and support, we really appreciate them.