Sunday, January 8, 2012


Another old post- This one is from February 2009 less then a year after we moved to MN (Hey! At least I'm cleaning out my drafts here *wink*). I had forgotten about this and it made me laugh so I thought I would post it.
I was craving a horse back ride all day today but I haven't ridden much since Spider died and it's still hard to ride another horse. That and the fact that one horse is a snot, two are not broke, and the other is spooky. That only leaves one horse and she can have her "mare moments" too.

I walked up the hill to do chores and gave them all their oats then decided maybe I'll just sit on a horse for a moment. Sweetie of course is the best one. So I drag over a feed bucket and flip it over so I have something to stand on then up I go. Sweetie could care less since she was busy eating her oats (which was good since I didn't put any tack on her). I sat there until she was done eating then decided it was time to get down.
Hmm... Which side should I dismount on? On the right side is the bucket which may be slick because I have snow on my boots... The left side is somewhat on a hill and I'd probably slip and slide down it... I chose the right side. I swing my leg over, my boot touches the bucket and down I go. Flat on my butt onto the bucket then I slide right under Sweetie's belly. Darn slippery snow bibs. Lucky for me Sweetie is as sweet as her name suggests. She turned around and looked at me and after assessing the situation, she took a couple of steps sideways careful not to step on me. She's such a great horse.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow--memory lane. Where you were then is kind of where I am now. And yes, your horse was a sweetie not to freak out and step on or kick you!!