It's been nice and windy lately so not much new going on with the horses.
The vet came out a week ago so they all got their Spring shots and Tabasco and Shoni got their coggins done so they can go to the trainer.
Shoni was being a brat with the vet and refused to stand still. After a good 20 minutes or more of fighting with her the vet decided to grab a twitch... yeah. Turns out Shoni and twitches don't mix. As soon as he tightened it she reared up on us. She didn't strike out at anyone and I think it was more to get away from the twitch but yeah. She's pretty tall lol
I wonder if it would help desensitize Shoni to the vet if I try and get her around "strangers" frequently to pet around her neck and feel around like the vet does.
Anywho, I hope you are all doing well and getting in some fun horse time. I know I can't wait to ride mine! Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some riding pictures :D
1 comment:
I had to do immunizations for the trainer, too. Sometimes the trainer will do them for you, which is what I usually do. My trainer is good at all of them. But this time we live too far away, so I had them done here at home. Of course, my highly domesticated filly practically gives herself shots and loves vets. I don't know how Beautiful would react. She has way more stranger anxiety. I'm thinking being around as many people as possible is great training for them.
Post a Comment