Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting caught up, the end of 2012 in review-

OCTOBER:
At the end of October I went in to get my hair cut and decided to donate 12 inches to Locks of Love.  I'm glad I did it and I will more than likely donate again in the future.













NOVEMBER:
I couldn't justify having three green horses and one broke horse with a few issues so Sundance went to a new home the end of November.  His new name is Stolee.  I met his new owner once when Tabasco was still at my trainer's and she seems nice.  My trainer is actually the one who found his new home and it sounds like he is going to be spoiled rotten in a herd with two other Fox Trotters.













DECEMBER:
Around December we noticed Trib was having a tough time keeping weight on even with being kept separate from the other horses, having oats and 24/7 access to a round bale.  We spoke with a local guy who sells feed and he gave us a more fattening feed to mix in with the current oats.  We also had the vet out who said he'll need his teeth floated this summer and she also suggested blanketing Trib for the winter.

Funny vet story from that.  The vet drew some blood and then mentioned she would like to get a stool sample as well for testing just to make sure there was nothing else going on.  Right on queue Trib lifted his tail and she got her sample.

Since then Trib has filled out nicely and looks even better than when we brought him home.  I can't wait for Spring so I can take pictures of him running out in the pasture with the rest of the herd.



No comments: