Well, it seems that Spring is finally around the corner. Our weather has been stuck in the 30's or low 40's and we still have mountains of snow around here. Of course, these snow storms that we keep getting aren't helping the piles go down any... But in the next week or so we're supposed to be in the high 40's and low 50's. We already have mud issues in the driveway *grumble grumble* but hopefully everything will melt and dry up pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing leaves on the trees and some green grass again. Six months of bare trees is a little depressing.
It was actually sunny and semi warm today (with snow in the forecast for tomorrow) so today was a great day for lovin' on the horses.
Trib was kind of a turd when I went to brush on him and kept walking away from me so I went and got a halter. He was a good boy to halter but wasn't too thrilled when I took his blanket off (he had a grumpy look) but when I was brushing on him he softened up.
I'm one of those people that talks to my horses and Trib seemed to enjoy the chatter and brushing. He turned his head towards me a few times so I could kiss his face above his eye.
Trib was a little underweight when we brought him home and we had issues this winter with keeping weight on him. I am beyond thrilled by how much he has filled out. What a difference a blanket and the right feed make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't believe your still having snow showers. I hope you warm up soon and start getting some green instead of white where you are.
It was 32 here this a.m. But warmed to 50 so I was happy. Went out and brushed whoever came over. I talk to my herd too. I think they understand some things. Really, I'm not crazy....
Thank you Grey Horse Matters, I sure hope the green stuff shows up soon too! I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to horses and I agree with you, I think they do understand some things. It's definitely good for the soul being around them :)
Post a Comment