Saturday, March 21, 2009

Three posts combined


Not too much going on here on the horse front. We were dealing with the snow from the blizzard but it has been warm here and melting. Now we have MUD!!!!!!!!! Yuck.
Mom and I walked up to do chores the other night and were sinking in the mud, and getting mugged by horses. Not fun when your feet are stuck with one foot pointing one way and the other going a different direction, buckets of oats in your arms, and horses circling you. Would make for a funniest videos though! Especially if you got knocked over and your feet popped out of your boots!!! :D



Luckily we are better prepared this year and the horses (the big ones anyway) have more room to roam so it's not as bad. The babies pen is still mostly frozen so no mud there... yet.










I am itching for dry solid ground so that I can start working with the horses regularly and get back into riding. I am hoping to be able to take some of the horses to different fun days around here this summer/fall and also take them trail riding with my horse friends. I am looking forward to exposing them to more things but we have a lot of work to do before then. Lots of despooking and refresher training.





While I was out taking pictures of the horses I thought the sky looked really neat with the colors and the clouds (the picture is not the same as it was in person) so I walked across the babies pen to stand on what's left of the snow pile and snapped a few pictures. I heard some noise behind me and turned around and saw.......

... BABIES!!!!!!!!!!! lol These guys crack me up and the looks on their faces are priceless. "Hey, what are we lookin at!?" This is one of the things that I absolutely love about these guys. They are so in tune with you and love human contact. I'm not sure if it is the same with most other mustangs but I know that these guys will stop eating their hay and come over to see what you are up to and seem to enjoy spending time with humans.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful sky. I love babies too, these guys look so friendly and curious.

Jessie said...

Hehe, your 2 babies are so cute! Are they going to be 2 or 3 this year?

Rem is the same way, he loves any attention he can get! My friends mustang is the opposite though, she prefers to be left alone.

photogchic said...

I love that blue roan...so cute. I watched the Mustang Challenge down in Albany Oregon over the weekend...so fun to watch the mustangs think their way thru problems...their ears just flick and flick. Amazing horses.