Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yucky Blizzards!

Just when you think spring is around the corner and it will be green soon, you end up with a blizzard!

Then they have some roads closed until 9:30ish (if you get caught driving on closed roads you get a ticket) so I decided it is not worth it to make the trek into work (it's a 45 minute drive on a good day) and called in. They told me how short staffed they are and that when the roads open they would like me to come in.

Seriously?

I just can't figure it out- they said blizzard icy roads NO TRAVEL ADVISED and we're expected to endanger ourselves and possibly get stranded some where (or worse) with no help just for a few hours of work? Now it would be one thing if I lived in town and didn't have as far to go but the highways here are wide open and get huge snow drifts that blow on the road (see previous post about spinning out into the ditch). I guess I will play it by ear but it's just not worth the risk to me.

Too bad I can't find a decent paying work from home job! :) Who knows, maybe some day.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Hi Nikki,

Are you planning to go to the Mustang Makeover in Madison, WI in April? I wasn't sure how far of a drive it was for you and if you were planning to go or not. I'll be there. I thought it'd be fun to try to meet up with some of the other mustang-lovers I've encountered online. I'm hoping to run into Jessie. Let me know if you are going!

Kara