Thursday, May 21, 2009

frisky!!

Nothing new and exciting to blog about so here are more pictures.

Shoni says, "I'm ready for my close up, CHEESE!!!!!"

Some how some of the tarp covering the hay made its way into the babies pen. I was playing with Tabasco by the troughs and turned around to see Shoni standing on the tarp (all four feet). Mom even flapped the tarp and threw it at her and Shoni stood her ground. While this may not be a big deal to some it was to me, I was very proud of her.



Then the babies were getting all frisky and running around.

So I sat down and enjoyed the show... next time maybe I'll bring a chair or sit down outside of the pen. Then again maybe I wouldn't get cool shots like this:

Pretty thrilling to have a horse running at you like that lol lucky for me it was Shoni and not Tabasco since she is so careful.

Next was my attempt to get a decent picture of Shoni so you can see that she is changing colors and starting to turn black again.
Then came more running and kickin' up those heals!!!

4 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That sounds like that was the world's fastest and easiest tarp desensitization.

Kara said...

Great pictures! Shoni sure is a big girl! Her butt is about level with the top of your panels! Are your panels 5ft high? How old is she this year?

nikki said...

Nuzzling Muzzles- It's always nice when they desensitize themselves with scary objects! :)

Kara- The panels are 5ft and Shoni is around 14hh I think. I tried to measure her the other night w/a tool we have for that purpose but it's not real clear reading it... or maybe it's me? lol Shoni and Tabasco just turned 3 this month.

Pony Girl said...

Great shots, those are some frisky ponies! :) My horse loves to stand on a tarp in the arena, when I'm riding. I think someone taught him to stand on it like a mark, and he got to rest. He heads right to it, then stops with his front feet on it. It's hilarious!