Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Denver Zoo

monkey
The end of February I drove down to CO for a few days to visit my friend and her kids. The weather was beautiful and we took the kids to The Denver Zoo.
elephant

Cheetah- paws crossed

Kangaroo
Snow Leopard

Hyena
Polar Bear
Arctic Fox
Seals
Wolf
Camel and a Goose

Baby Giraffe

Peacock
Peacock on a fence
Look at that tail!

Rhinoceros

I didn't see the sign saying what this bird was but he was pretty cool. He looked like a Emu and the thing on the top of his head almost looks like bone.
Anteater
And here's a joke to go with the anteater: Why does the anteater never get sick? Because he's full of "anty bodies". :)
Monkey
This guy was pretty crazy, he'd go swinging around the pen then swing up to the people in the window and slap the glass.
Black Bear

The bear was a hoot!! He found a stick to play with and was rolling around on his back holding the stick in his paw. Then he'd drop it and pick it up again and wave it around.
Monkey

This little guy looked so sad, I wish I could have sprung him out of there.

I didn't see the sign for this guy either
And last but not least are the lions. When we were walking down the hill to see the lions behind the glass you could hear roaring, when we made it into the viewing area you could see the lion and his lionesses roaring. It was pretty neat! Wish I would have thought to get video of them.


2 comments:

Dom said...

Great shots :)

Amber said...

Those are fabulous pictures! You have a great eye :)