On Friday May 25th, we went to visit Tabasco. He had just had a bath the day before and wow did he look handsome!!!
Christy talked to us about how he's been doing. Apparently, the first week Tabasco was there he wouldn't let her any where near him. If she went in his pen he would walk away from her. She finally won him over with some cookies.
| Did someone say... COOKIES?! |
Christy saddled him up and worked him for a little while showing us what he knows. Tabasco did really good and I was impressed. She said he does a lot better outside on the trail instead of in the arena.
Christy got on Tabasco and rode him around for a bit, then she asked me if I wanted to ride. I was a little hesitant at first ("are you sure he's ready for me" type thing) but then I sucked it up and got on him.
| Look at Tabasco- riding in a rope halter and lead rope :D |
2 comments:
Wow! So, he's trained to ride in lead rope and halter...that's interesting. I was thinking about doing the same for Beautiful. Are there any drawbacks?
Hi Linda- I really like the idea of bitless and so far I don't have any complaints about it. He was very soft if you asked him to back up. He was a little confused when I was trying to turn him but I think that's because I wasn't asking like Christy does.
Christy follows Clinton Anderson's technique and she wont get on a horse until she can flex them (she uses that for emergancy breaks). We're going trail riding a week from today so I should be able to test it out more. :)
I also bought a bitless bridle that I'm hoping will be here soon. Karen over at MustangTripp.blogspot.com uses a Nurtural bitless bridle on her EMM mustang (you can buy them on ebay) and Tripp does really well in it. I bought a Dr.Cook one on ebay since it was $50 cheaper so we'll see how that one works for Tabasco.
Ps- Christy did use a bit on Tabasco, but she thinks he may need to have his teeth floated or be checked for wolf teeth which is why she's doing the halter/lead for now.
Post a Comment