We went to see Tabasco on 5/6 and got to visit with his trainer, Christy. Tabasco is doing great. He hasn't been ridden yet because they are still working with flexing and Tabasco is pretty stiff.
He got ponied by her big gelding on a trail ride and Tabasco couldn't figure out why that gelding got to be the boss (yep, that's Tabasco all right!). He did really good and even got to play in a lake or two. Christy didn't have anything bad to say about him other then him being a stiff.
It was so great to see him and it lifted our hearts a bit. Tabasco was really enjoying the attention (and eventually some cookies). He would even stop eating his hay and come over to me when I was on the other side of his pen. I love my boy. :)
2 comments:
It sounds like your trainer is taking it slow and doing it right.
I think so too. I'm really happy with her and I'm so glad I waited to send them to training until now. It's amazing how many trainers have prejudices against mustangs and treat them differently when they find out their breed. A horse is a horse, it shouldn't matter what breed they are for a trainer.
Christy was excited when she found out my two were "real" mustangs :) and she's been enjoying Tabasco.
How's Cia doing? Is she getting back to her normal self?
Post a Comment