Tuesday we went out to the trainers to work with Tabasco. He hasn't been doing much so we worked on ground work. He was a little fresh in the arena and acted like he was going to kick up his heals at me a couple times. Once I got on his case about it he was much better and started paying attention.
We led him outside to the obstacle course and Tabasco learned how to jump over barrels. I've never really had the urge to have any of my horses jump anything (I don't need to teach them to hop fences lol), but it teaches Tabasco to watch where he puts his feet. He's also the type of horse that needs a job, so once he figures out what you're asking him he thrives with it. I'm thinking about setting something up around the house to work with him and the other horses. Do any of you have obstacles set up around your barn just for fun?
Once Tabasco and I figured it out, he did awesome!! I had no idea a horse could jump over anything from a standstill so that was pretty amazing to watch.
After the barrels we went over to the bridge and I was supposed to ask Tabasco to go up on it by driving him onto it (is that the right term?) like we did with the barrels. Tabasco thought he was supposed to jump the bridge or walk around instead. A few times he almost had it but then he would question himself. Christy took over so I got to take some pictures.
After the bridge, Christy and Tabasco went over to the pit and Tabasco went up and through it with no problems.
We ended the session by me taking Tabasco again and asking him to go over the barrels both ways. He didn't hesitate.
| I'm so proud of my boy!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment