Sunday, October 7, 2012

He's home!













After being away for 5 months, Tabasco is finally home.

We brought him home this morning and when we pulled up by the barn Tabasco let out a big whinny.  Shoni perked up (she knew that voice) and then there was a chorus of hello's from the entire herd.  I don't think I've ever seen Shoni so excited.



Sundance, Shoni, Sweetie, Pebbles, & Trib (peeking)

























There was a lot of nose sniffing, ground stomping, and googly eyes being made.













Horse hugs!!


















Later on Christy came out and picked up Trib and Sundance to take them out to her place.  She has a horse training clinic going on tomorrow that she invited us to be a part of.  Trib and I are going to participate so we can get to know each other better and gain some confidence (more so me then him).  We're also going to try and figure out this backing issue that he has.  I think it may be connected to being tied/feeling restrained some how.  So we're going to play with that and work on trailer loading.

On Monday Christy is going to work with Sundance and try to get a feel for him and see what he knows.  After that we have decided to find him a new home.  It's going to be really hard for me to let him go, but having four horses of my own right now is not practical and I need to downsize by one or two horses.

Hopefully I will be posting some fun updates soon!

1 comment:

Dom said...

Welcome home, Tabasco!