This last Christmas was really hard for me because I was missing my Grandma so much. Everything reminded me of her and made me miss her more than I already was. She was always so much fun to surprise and buy gifts for, especially funny gifts and cards. She had such a hearty laugh and would just light up.
I wanted to do something special, as a Christmas memorial type thing, so we brought along two roses (one for each of my Grandma's who passed).
We stopped by the cemetery first, and Dad and I left a rose for my other Grandma who passed in May 2011. It was the first time that we had been to the cemetery since the funeral. The rose turned out nice and I was glad we were able to go there.
Then we drove up the North Shore to launch the other rose into Lake Superior for Grandma. That entire day I felt like Grandma was there with us and while Mom and I were walking along the beach looking for a good spot to launch the rose an eagle flew over us.
On the way back into town we also passed some deer along side the road. I am a firm believer in signs and I think both the deer and the eagle were signs that both of my Grandma's were there watching over us. The roses were our gifts to them, maybe the eagle and deer were their gifts to us. I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Both of my beautiful Grandma's were very special ladies. I love them both and miss them like crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment