I had the babies irritated with me the other night trying to get them to stand next to each other so that I could get some pictures. I gotta say that it was worth it tho to get the adorable shot above with Tabasco giving Shoni a kiss. It's funny in each of the pictures that I got with them together Tabasco's ears are to the side or one is pointed at me. I call it his annoyed or bored look. I probably get it because I have to waive my arms or back them into position then run the other way and turn around to snap the picture. These two love to be right next to you not standing back to get their picture taken.
On a bit of a mustang side track... whoever says that mustangs are not smart have obviously been misinformed or have never been around one. Tabasco will stick his head thru the pannels to eat blown away hay or grass that has grown along side the pannels. Or he will stick his head thru and push until he moves the pannels (They're not staked down or tied to t-posts since they are at the neighbors temporarily). With three pens tied into each other he doesn't move them far.
Tabasco was sticking his cute nose thru the pannel and I had
to get a picture of the diamond/star on his nose : )
Shoshoni is also a smart mustang. Her head is too big to fit through the pannels and she never really had the desire to put her head through them (thank goodness!) so she has to improvise. Shoni's thing is that she will "bow" down and reach her nose under the pannels to eat grass or hay that has blown to the other side of the fence. None of the other horses (or any others that we have had) have done this. Every time that I see her do it I am blown away by how clever it is. It's also entertaining to watch! : )

Missy is back at home now safe and sound and on a bland diet. Poor thing wants some good food again. They are so spoiled rotten and get some human food but none of the dogs have been able to have any since Missy ate the rug. Mom called the vet today to find out when she can get back to eating her regular dog food and some people food too. The tech said that's a big no-no and that she shouldn't have any people food ever again (EVER?!). She says that she is guilty of giving her dog people food to but because of the surgery (or something) Missy should not have any ever again. I don't know... seems a little extreme to me. I could see for a little while to let the stomach heal but not forever. We don't even feed them bad stuff (tho I guess it could be bad in some peoples eyes...) Hmmm... I dunno. Poor Missy if she only knew how much trouble eating that rug would cost her! At least she is home and back to her old self. She is back to giving Bailey kisses and trying to ram with her toys. We have to take the toys away from her though, she still has a week or so of "rest" left... There's just no fun for her! I'm including a picture of her stitches and just to give you a size idea, the stitches are the length of a check book.
Missy giving Bailey kisses
Of course I have to include a couple of pictures of the other three horses. I thought I would have some great shots of them running around from a few evenings ago but it was getting dark so the pictures didn't turn out good. So you get some more resent photos instead. Maybe they will put on a good bucking, rearing, running show when it is semi light outside so that I can get some good shots. Or they don't have to. They can stay calm and not make me worry. I'm perfectly fine with that scenario!

Pebbles coming over to see if I have anything good to eat

Pebbles coming over to see if I have anything good to eat
Sundance and Sweetie begging for some fresh picked grass :)



No comments:
Post a Comment