A while ago I came across a blog that had some adorable pictures and a story about a baby hippo and a century old tortoise. I just found the photos that I e-mailed (but no link to the blog... if anyone knows it please let me know and I will give them credit) to some people and thought I would write up a cute little post for others to enjoy. The photos are absolutely priceless!!!
A short version of the story is that the baby hippo (300 lbs) survived a tsunami that hit the Kenyan coast. He ended up washed up on the shore where he was rescued by wildlife rangers.
"After the hippo was swept away and lost his mother he was traumatized. He had to look for something to be a surrogate mother and he chose a tortoise for the job. They have established a strong bond. They swim, eat, and sleep together." It also says that hippos are social animals and usually stay with their mothers for four years.
What a great story and isn't it just amazing how some animals can bond? No matter looks, species, anything.




Anyway, this is all I have for a little while. I am flying back to Colorado this evening to go visit some friends for the weekend. I can't wait! Can you believe that flying is actually cheaper than driving now-a-days? At least you get there faster to.
I hope everyone has a fun safe holiday weekend! : )




No comments:
Post a Comment