I lifted sections of her mane and brushed them out and when I got up by her ears I noticed that a lot of the hair from where her bridle path would be is forward as her bangs instead of hanging down the side as her mane. I used the comb to sort through her "bangs" and got a huge hunk together. I took a pair of scissors and cut it while she was eating. Then I decided to try the buzzer on her. I didn't want to do the buzzer instead of cutting it because I didn't want her to be bald lol.

It's hard to see in this picture and it isn't a close shaved bridle path...
She did relatively great with the buzzer but she was getting annoyed with me. I wasn't able to do much with the clippers because she kept shaking her head (like it was a bug harassing her) but I ended with a good note of holding it in my hand and resting my wrist on her neck and letting her listen to the noise and when she didn't move I backed off and told her what a good girl she is. The bridle path is nothing fancy but it helped to get her bangs thinned out so she can see!

Look you can see her eyes! Doesn't she look a little surprised? :)
And on a side note mom was out with me to do chores and fill troughs a little while ago and took pictures of me "riding" my mustangs so I thought I would post those pictures. It looks like I am sitting on Tabasco but I am really not. I am keeping most of my body weight on the panel with my foot and also my arm. He's also not as short as he looks either lol I just have long legs! :D And the picture with Shoni that was her 2nd time being "sat" on and she wasn't too sure what to think of it but she did really great!

Tabasco doesn't care- he's eating! :)

Shoni looking a little unsure

Oops! She realized if she steps away from the panel far enough I come off lol.
1 comment:
Good riding! They are doing really well.
Post a Comment