Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A good day

Today ended on a wonderful note.

I went out to feed the horses tonight and had some troughs to clean out and fill so I had time to kill.

Tabasco was standing next to the panel so I decided to climb up and stretch my leg over his back. I was able to actually sit on him where you are supposed to while bareback but I didn't put all of my weight on him. I had my foot and an arm on the panel to help support some of my weight. He could care less. I'm not going to do any "real" riding until they are at least 3. I want to make sure they have time to grow without having any strain on their backs. Besides if you take your time and build a good foundation from the ground you have a better relationship from the saddle.

I've been able to do that with Tabasco before so that's nothing new there... BUT I was also able to stretch my leg out and "sit" on Shoni!!! She is the sensitive one and you have to go slow with her. Her flight instinct is strong and she lacks a lot of confidence so this was a big step for us! We ended on a good note and a huge grin on my face!

No witnesses so no photos but I saw this great video that I wanted to share with you all! If you have not seen this before make sure you have a tissue handy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U

Sorry blogger wont let me post the video so all I can do is provide a link to it.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Hey, I nominated you for this award!
http://rideagoodhorse.blogspot.com/

Just go to her website and follow the instructions!

GREAT JOB!
Cheryl

arlene said...

Your horses trust you don't they? Your making such progress. Well done.