Isn't he adorable!? He is a 2yr old (14h) BLM Mustang gelding (#6537) from the Cedar Mountains HMA (UT) and was captured 12/12/08.
My new horse?! Only in my dreams, unfortunately. To try and get him trailered from UT to MN and then to get him gentled before winter would be a huge challenge. More so with my current 3 young (green) horses that I'm trying to get going under saddle... then again what's one more? ; ) I love the expression on his face, along with his unique blaze (looks kind of like a yin yang to me).
Interested in adoption? Call the BLM facility at (877)224-3956 or Jared Redington at (801)712-3186. Email: Jared_Redington@blm.gov.


5 comments:
Really pretty guy...lets hope if you don't get him:-)...he finds a good home.
He's a cutey---hope he finds a home. His eye looks really gentle, too.
He's BEAUTIFUL!
Wow, he's really flashy! It's fun to see the pintos. I bet he'll go fast, because of his color! I'd love to adopt one some day. Today I got to trail ride with a friend and two Mustangs, they were awesome!
Thanks for all of the comments! I really like this horse and I think I'm so drawn to him because he has the same expression as Spider often had. I wish I could drive to the corrals and see this guy in person and get a better feel for him.
I actually emailed the BLM to see if he is still available on 6/23 but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm wondering if the guy is on vacation or if my email got flagged as junk mail? There is a phone number that you can call and I might give that a try on Tuesday if I haven't heard back yet. They are having a BLM adoption in WI the middle of next month and I'm thinking that maybe he can be dropped off there for pick up... :)
The wheels are turning... can you smell the smoke?!
Pony Girl- You would be a good mustang mom :) and I'm here if you need an enabler!
Post a Comment