After a relaxing grooming session with the babies, they followed me over to the panels to check on the big horses (who were all too busy grazing). Tabasco lined himself nicely along the panel so I couldn't resist hopping on. I got on his back but kept my foot and hand on the panel... at first. He didn't say boo with that so I put my full weight on him and reached around with both hands so I could scratch his neck/chest better. I climbed off the way you would with a broke horse and he just stood there, so I shimmied back up the panel and climbed back on. He didn't bat an eye at my weight on his back, and he didn't move a muscle as long as I was scratching him. Shoni of course is right there as well and not too happy Tabasco is getting all of the attention. She started rubbing her lip on my leg and trying to grab my pants. Silly mustangs. I decided I better not press my luck and climbed down again. Mom wasn't as thrilled when I told her since I didn't have a spotter to make sure nothing happened, and she was even less thrilled that I didn't have a halter or any tack on him. Oops, I'll try to do better next time! No pictures of it today but I might try again tomorrow night or Saterday and maybe get some then. What a great day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! (But I can understand your mom's concern--since I'm a mom, too). Sounds like your horses are very comfortable with you and you're part of their herd.
Post a Comment