Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A quick post


Last Saturday Mom and I drove to Sioux Falls, SD to see Grandma for her birthday and spend the weekend with her.

Saturday night after we took Grandma out for her birthday we drove down to The Falls. They were supposed to be lit up in pink lights for Breast Cancer Awareness. We got there around 7 and drove around for a while. It was pretty chilly that night so there were not a lot of people which was nice. I walked around a little and took a few pictures. We only stayed about a half hour and left before the falls were actually lit up- I think the lights were going to come on around 8 or 8:30.

My cameras and I were not getting along so most of the pictures were either dark or blurry, but I was able to get a few good clear ones.







We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with the vet to come out and look at Sweetie again. The sarcoids that were surgically removed from behind her ear are starting to grow back and now we noticed a large growth on the inside of her ear. The growth is rather large and raw looking. Even looking at her ear on the outside it looks swollen where the growth is. I'm not sure what we're going to be able to do about it, so we'll see what the vet thinks.

On a side note, I found a video from a comedian that made me laugh so I thought I would share.

6 comments:

aurora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aurora said...

Ouch!! Good luck with Sweetie's vet appointment. Seeing the falls lit-up sounds neat, albeit chilly. I hear ya on the blur, my camera wins more often than not.

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures! About the sarcoids (or however you spell it) PonyGirl had one on her horse, too, but they didn't surgically remove it. Do they know why some horses get them?

photogchic said...

I love South Dakota...lovely pics. Keep us posted on Sweetie.

nikki said...

Aurora- I'm glad I'm not the only one who argues with their camera! :)

Linda- I read on wikipedia that some vets think sarcoids are caused by a virus, and the virus is usually found in cows. We've had Sweetie since she was 4 and she hasn't been around any cows since we've had her. It sounds like it isn't really known how it's caused though. It also sounds like you can't ever cure it, just control it.

Photogchic- I love South Dakota too! If I move again I think I'd move there.

The vet cancelled the appointment for Sweetie (he had emergancy surgery) and it has been rescheduled for Wednesday evening.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking to get into forex trading and was wondering how I could find somebody to teach me. Also I found this site www.marketiva.com and it says that you can start trading for $1 but when I went to open an account they said that they didn't accept people from the US, so I was wondering if there was any others like that one?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url]