Monday, June 23, 2008

I need fencing advice

Hi all,

I am looking for some fencing advice. I know there are a million options out there from panels, wire, and electric to many others. I would like to know what has worked for you and what has not.

Tonight I went out to feed the horses after work to find that Shoni had hoped a gate- panel/divider into Sweetie and Pebbles' pen. Luckily the only thing that seems hurt is a little fur scraped off on her upper thigh. No blood and no gouges thank goodness!!!! Sweetie was being a snot chasing her around a bit after I came out there since it was time to eat. I know that they need to get their pecking orders in place sooner or later but I have been waiting until the babies are a little older so they can defend themselves a little better against the bigger horses. When I was looking at Shoni and Pebbles standing side by side in the same pen the size difference wasn't really noticeable though, but I think I will always look at them and see my babies. lol I bet even when they are in their 20's I will be calling them 'the babies'.

Ok back to fencing. Sundance likes to jump fences and will climb through a 3 wire fence. Tabasco likes to roll next to panels and get his feet stuck or stick his head through the bars. I worry if we got electric or wire that Tabasco would roll right under the fence and end up running around in the neighborhood. Him and Sundance both like to stick their feet in things and make a ruckus.

I'm at a loss for finding a horse-escape artist proof-safe fence. Any suggestions or experiences would be welcome!!! : )

No comments: