Today I am a little bummed. I received an e-mail from the gal who owns Spider's nephew (the stallion) and she gave me the prices for the 3 foals that she has (Spider's great nieces and nephew). Needless to say these prices are a lot higher than I was hoping for. The cheapest horse is a yearling who is $3,500. Now that is not a bad price per se for a purebred registered saddlebred with his bloodlines in this day and age. Especially when there are horses who sell for over $82,000. $3,500 is a bit pricey for me though since I have my other 3 horses and I refuse to sell them to bring home another one. Maybe I can win the lotto or get my new career kicked off with a bang and make the big bucks. Anyone feel like donating to my "Nicole wants another horse that she doesn't need" fund? lol Just kidding.
All will turn out the way that it should though. If I end up getting enough money saved up (and/or a wild hair) I may go for that horse. If not I will just wait and see what happens down the road. Who knows maybe I will breed Shoni to this Stallion and have a horse related to Spider and Shoni. The best of both worlds.
Or maybe I should just start a retirement home for unwanted horses and mustangs and name it after Spider and dedicate it to his memory!!! Hmmm... what kind of catchy names can I come up with for that one? Spiderweb Retirement. Victory Acres Retirement. Heart of Gold Retirement. lol I don't know maybe one day....
I worked on a video and photos of the horses last night but Shoni wouldn't stay away from me so I could get some nice shots of her and Tabasco. I can't complain about that though!!! : ) I love when a horse likes to be right next to you and wants some lovin'. In the video I was recording Tabasco and Shoni came up and walked right in front of me and the camera and stopped so she could get attention. So sometime soon I hope to have a new post with some new pictures and a video (ha! we'll see how that pans out!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment