Spider 1985ish (not my photo)
These past few days I have been thinking about Spider. Well I guess I can't really say it like that, there is not a single day that goes by that I don't think about him or miss him. These last few days I have been remembering random things and wishing that he were still here with me more so than usual. I'm frustrated that I did not take more photos of him and am trying to find one that I can use to make a painting type picture.
Spider and Judy 1985ish (not my photo)
The photos above belong to Spider's 2nd owners, Judy and her family. I was able to get her contact information from his registerd papers and through a rescue so I e-mailed her. I wasn't really expecting much since some of the other owners that I contacted blew me off. I was pleasently surprised when she turned out to be nice and happy to find out what had happend to one of her favorite horses that she called Spider. It was fun to find out how he came to be known as "Spider" and hear stories that described charactoristics that I knew and loved. I also enjoyed seeing photos of him being shown since we had never done any of that. The photos even showed how gray he used to be-- the entire time that we had him he was white.
A while ago I also got in contact with a lady who had a full sister to Spider. His sister had also passed away before she and I started talking. The lady was kind enough to send me some photos of Spider's sister (side by side you wouldn't have been able to tell much of a difference between them) and photos of Spider's nephew. His nephew is a stallion and was used this past season and now has one or more foals running around. I went to her website to see the horses for sale and the new photos of the foals. I am thinking and debating on e-mailing her to find out if down the road she would sell me a horse from Spider's nephew.
Spider's nephew (gray stallion) not my photo
I love the idea of having a relative of Spider's in my life. I think it would be fun to see charactoristics that I'm positive the horse would have. Here is my delima (besides already having 3 horses of course) is that I'm sure the horse would cost a lot of money to buy, transporting the horse from (I believe) IL, having another young horse to train, and worrying about having high expectations for a horse because it is Spider's family.
I'm thinking about e-mailing her and see what she says about it. All you can do is ask and if something is meant to be it will be... right?
Spider's great neice (gray filly) out of
the stallion pictured above. not my photo

No comments:
Post a Comment