
Until we can scoop the snow mound from the babies pen we have Tabasco in the shelter on stall rest so that he doesn't hurt himself. We have a heated water bucket hanging in the corner and have to use a big silver dog food bowl to scoop water from Shoni's trough and walk it over to fill up Tabasco's bucket.
Usually this takes three or four trips.
On one of the trips Shoni followed me from the shelter to the trough. Then she stood over me while I scooped the water . When I lifted it up Shoni stuck her nose in the bowl and proceeded to slurp... I mean sip! the water until the bowl was empty. Keep in mind we are still standing over the trough and she could just as easily drink from the source.
Now I get to lean down and get another scoop while Shoni stands over me and drips water on my head. When I bring the bowl up Shoni again tries to drink from it. I have to inform her that it is for Tabasco and ask her if she thinks she's a princess or something!?
Maybe we should nick name her "Princess Shoshoni"? : )

No comments:
Post a Comment